Germany's largest cooperative housing project in Berlin
28:58 Min. Video available until: Dec. 02, 2020. first broadcast on: 2.12.2019
Living in the metropolis, in a large community, according to its own rules. Central, energy-saving, ecological, cosmopolitan, integrative. The residents of Möckernkiez in Berlin-Kreuzberg have fulfilled this dream.
Note from sdg21 editors:
In the documentary you will see
- beautiful aerial views of the residential neighborhood,
- by means of individual portraits, how life is in such a living environment and what the difference is to normal living
- which advantages the car-free mobility concept has
- how the ecological energy concept with solar power and BHKWs works, the energy centre is very impressive!
- how the financing as a housing cooperative works
- what financing problems there were with the large cooperative project
- what it means to implement self-determination in the neighbourhood
- and how the mix of uses was realised
Info about the project