30539 Hanover Kronsberg: adjacent to the Expo-Settlement Hanover-Kronsberg the "ecovillage Kronsberg" is to be built. The sponsor is the cooperative ecovillage hannover e.G., which was founded in 09/2019 and today (02/2021) already has 555 members. The cooperative will purchase the 49,300 m² site from the City of Hannover in February 2021; construction planning is in full swing.
Approx. 500 low-cost apartments in a good social mix are planned, of which 40 % are particularly low-cost as they are subsidised with housing construction funds. A construction-ready development plan is in place, the access roads have been completed and from the beginning of 2022 around 100 apartments per year should be ready for occupation. In addition to the cooperative apartments, there will be parking spaces for approx. 70 mobile private tiny houses. Total number of residents approx. 1,000.
The aim is to create a variety of housing forms that reflect different approaches to sufficiency living. In addition to "classic" self-contained apartments, shared apartments and "cluster apartments" are also possible, all apartments with reduced private living space (max. 30 m² per person) and access to many communal facilities. The neighbourhood is being developed from scratch by the future residents, more than 200 people in approx. 15 working groups since the start of planning. It is not the urban planners who plan, but the future residents, some of whom are highly qualified, who plan and seek advice from experts.
- exclusively passive house construction
- CO2-storage through wooden construction
- use of ecological building materials as far as possible
- the quarter will be completely climate-neutral with regard to electricity, heating and hot water
- all suitable roof surfaces are used for solar installations; own electricity grid with tenant electricity service
- Heating with a "cold" local heating network fed by geothermal probes with decentralised heat pumps
- largely car-free in the interior of the quarter
- 0.2 car parking spaces per residential unit (city requirement), located at the edge of the neighbourhood
- E-car sharing, cargo bike rental
- Maximum evaporation and infiltration of rainwater; no runoff from the neighbourhood
- Drinking water savings through grey water purification and use in a service water network
- Pilot project for a wastewater-free group of houses in planning
Last Updated: February 18, 2021
Similar projects on sdg21:
All project/s of the planning office: ; City region: Hanover and surrounding area; Country: Germany; Characteristics: 01 - 02 Floors, 03 - 4 floors, Building plot, Cooperative, tiny houses, Housing project, Ecovillage; Thematic: 100% EEs, Car free living, Building Biology, Assembly, Building Materials Recycling, Organic horticulture, CarSharing, Green roofs, Own contribution, Electromobility, Common areas, Grey water purification, Wood construction, composting or separation toilets, Earth Building, NaWaRohs, Sustainable water concept, Organic building, Permaculture, Reed bed treatment plant, Inexpensive construction, Rainwater harvesting, Rainwater infiltration, Self-sufficiency, Social Mix, Free of parking spaces, Straw Bale Construction