89073 Ulm: Passive house development with various developers and architects, including Joachim Eble, LEG, Siedlungswerk Stuttgart, 110 units, row and double passive house types with primary energy values between 60 and 110 kWh (per sqm and year). Completion: 2000
In the settlement, different types of construction (stone, prefabricated, timber frame, solid wood), thermal insulation, window, building services, energy supply and ventilation systems were used for each building window.
The photos show the project by Joachim Eble Architektur. A highly insulated solid U-shaped building to the north is supplemented from the south by a timber frame façade with storey-high summer-shaded window areas. Ceilings and roof are also timber construction. The interior fittings are in accordance with building biology requirements.
The heat is generated via a solar-supported wood pellet centre in the underground car park under the southern row of houses.
Builder: LEG Baden-Württemberg. 17 terraced houses, 2,000 m² gross floor area. Construction costs incl. basement): 4.8 million euros
Through the targeted selection of planning teams that designed various Passive House groups, the city of Ulm promotes the further development of Passive House technology and is also involved in providing information for citizens and experts. In order to ensure transferability, standard market conditions were adhered to.
2000 Presentation as a worldwide project of the EXPO
2002 Awarded the German Solar Prize by the city of Ulm
- ebök - Planung und Entwicklung Gesellschaft mbH (2003): Passive houses in the sun field. Tübingen
- Stadt Ulm (n.d.): Leben auf der Sonnenseite. Living in the Sonnenfeld. Ulm
- Forschungsgruppe Stadt und Umwelt (2001): Ökologische Stadt- und Gemeindeentwicklung. Model project of the state of Baden-Württemberg. Ludwigsburg
- City of Ulm (2000): Project documentation. Model Project Ecological Urban Development - Passive House Settlement "Im Sonnenfeld". Ulm
- City of Ulm (2000): Passive house development "Im Sonnenfeld". Welcome to the exhibition EXPO 2000 in Ulm! Ulm
Last Updated: June 8, 2020
Similar projects on sdg21:
All project/s of the planning office: Eble Messerschmidt Partner (EMP); City region: ; Country: Germany; Characteristics: 01 - 02 Floors, Terraced house, Residential; Thematic: Mixed wood construction, Wood construction, Passive House